February 1 -Registration opens!
March 23 - Registration closes.
April 1 - Challenge begins; students receive instructions, access bot education, resource links, and bot-builder platform.
April 30 - Final day to submit chatbot.
May 4 - Chatbots become available online to firms.
May 31 - Final day to access published bots.
Our chapter is leading Houston’s involvement in the TrueUp Bot Challenge to help our students gain hands-on experience in building bots and exploring what bots can do.
Download Bot Challenge Flyer.
Learn more about the challenge and sign-up here.
Learn more about the Student Auxiliary:
The Houston CPA Society Student Auxiliary provide programming and activities for students in the Houston area who are interested in a career in accounting.
The Auxiliary programs cover a variety of topics and have included discussions on big data, soft skills, alternative career paths, cybersecurity, careers in industry audit and tax. The programs are developed and moderated by fellow students from local universities.
Kevin Ly - University of Houston Downtown - President
Ali Enes Cek - Lone Star College - Vice President of Development
Ashwin Khiantani - University of Houston - Vice President of Operations
Gretchen Baumann - University of Houston - Vice President of Marketing
Nhu Le - University of Houston - Vice President of Campus Relations
Calendar of Events
All events are at the Houston CPA Society offices unless otherwise noted.
|February 8|| |
Cybersecurity: Taking Off Cyberspace
|February 22|| |
Audit or Tax? How About Advisory?
|March 22|| |
Transcending Technology: The Impact of AI, Blockchain and Big Data
Houston CPA Society on a Campus Near You
The Houston CPA Society visits several campuses throughout the year. Stay tuned for where we are next to see if we are coming to your campus.
If your school is hosting a career fair or other event, you would like us to be on campus for, contact Carol Spencer, membership manager, at 832-831-9232.
- Membership in the third largest Society in the US at a greatly reduced dues rate
- Eligible to serve on committees with prospective future employers
- The society is not just for your school, but every college and university in Houston area
- Access to employment opportunities and RESUME POSTING at the Houston CPA Career Center
- A great addition to your resume
- Student members majoring in accounting may be eligible to win one of four $250 tuition/book reimbursements
- Our members save money on many CPA Exam review courses, including a $300 savings from Becker CPA Review
- Receive Houston CPA Society and TSCPA's publications, Forum, Today's CPA and Viewpoint, keeping you up-to-date on TSCPA and the profession
- Members may apply for Houston CPA Society accounting scholarships!
Applicant must be an accounting major entering their senior year at an
accredited four-year college or university, a graduate student pursing a
masters degree in an accredited program, or those seeking the
additional 30 hours of education to become eligible for a CPA license in